NOTE : CUSTOMS REGULATIONS AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED VARY GREATLY
ACCORDING TO CUSTOMER’S IMMIGRATION STATUS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CUSTOMS REGULATIONS ( FOR NON-TURKISH NATIONAL CUSTOMERS TO BE EXEMPT FROM IMPORT TAX )
· Passport of the customer and spouse / if get married.
· Work Permit / Not valid for retired people ( obtained from the Ministry of Labour and Social Security )
· Work Visa / Not valid for retired people ( obtained from Turkish Consulate either in originating country or customer’s home nation )
· Residence Permit ( from the local police station in Turkey )
· Inventory ( showing brand names and serial number’s of electrical appliances / English )
· Power of Attorney ( Draft will be supplied by the agent and will be certified by the Public Notary in Turkey ) ( Notary charges will be paid by the customer )
· UNDERTAKING from the spouse/if get married. A draft will be given by us and need to be notarized in Turkey.
· Tax I.D Card ( will be obtained from Tax office in Turkey )
· An original copy of Deed ( TAPU ) or a copy of rental contract ( must be certified by Public Notary in Turkey ) . if the customer has got a title deed or a rental contract for the house which is been arranged as more than 2 years, goods will be imported as an exempt from customs taxes on condition that the owner did not live in Turkey more than 180 days/each year in last 24 months asof the last entry date into Turkey . Otherwise, goods should be released from customs by paying an customs import tax. (TAXIABLE SYSTEM )
· Addresses in Residence Permit must be same in Deed ( TAPU ) or Rental Contract.
· Used household goods and personal effects are only permitted for import, if, for customer’s own use
· Household goods must arrive within ONE MONTH before or ONE MONTH after the customer’s passport is stamped for entry into Turkey in TAXIABLE system, 180 days in an EXEMPTION system. The customer is to be present at the Customs Office during the customs formalities . Passports will be kept by the Turksh Customs for a few days ( 4 -6 days ) during the processes.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS & CUSTOMS REGULATIONS ( FOR RETURNING TURKISH CUSTOMERS )
· TURKISH CITIZEN MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE AT THE ARRIVAL CUSTOMS OFFICE OF SHIPMENT.
· Passport for the customer and spouse ( if marry )
· Descriptive Inventory
· A returning Letter from the company for employee.
· Power of Attorney( a sample will be given to customer by Turkish Agent in Turkey and will be certified by Public Notary / if needed ) ( Notary charges will be paid by the customer )
· Turkish Marriage Licences ( if married )
· Turkish TAX I.D card ( can be obtained by client after arrival into Turkey )
· VUKUATLI NUFUS KAYIT ORNEGI ( can be obtained by client after arrival into Turkey from Registry of Births )
· Used household goods and personal effects permitted for import if for customer’s own use.
· Household goods must arrive within ONE MONTH before or ONE MONTH after the customer’s passport is stamped entry into Turkey and the customer is to be present at the Customs Office during the customs process.
· Customer’s that hold a Turkish Passport must have lived abroad for a continuous period in excess of 24 months ( on condition that no more 180 days in a year in Turkey and add this period over to 24 months ) in order to import items free of tax that were acquired outside of Turkey.
· Customers must obtain IKAMETGAH NAKIL BELGESI from the Turkish embassy/consulate in the origin country.(Validity date 6 months ).In order to benefit from exemption, Turkish Consulate must be stated ‘’ No more dwell/reside ‘’ on the letter for the customer.
· Guaranty letter from spouse of importer/receiver to Turkish Customs (a sample will be provided by us)
· CUSTOMER IS TO BE IN CONTACT WITH TURKISH EMBASSY/CONSULATE TO OBTAIN
THE CURRENT CUSTOMS REGULATION/RULES IN TURKEY BEFORE SENDING THE SHIPMENT ( HHGS – VEHICLE ) TO TURKEY.
IF THE CUSTOMER WANTS TO BRING OWN VEHICLE, PLEASE CONTACT TO CONSULATE/EMBASSY IN ORDER TO LEARN IMPORT TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THIS VEHICLE IN TO TURKEY WITH THE HOUSEHOLDGOODS.
RESTRICTED-PROHIBITED ITEMS PART : 3
· Food / Firearms / Explosives / Drugs-narcotics / Alcohol / Antique ( prohibited items for import/entry
· DVD – VIDEO TAPES – FILMS – BOOKS and ARTWORKS can be sent to the Ministry of Culture by the Turkish Customs Inspector to be examined.
· Billard/Pool Table/Snooker , Football Table Game and Telescope
· Professional Equipments/Machineries ( Lathe, Drill, Abrade, Saw, Polish, Whet, Mould, Weld, Sewing Machine, Generator,Compressor , Power Wash and plenty of power & hand tools , Radio & Radio Control and Equipments & Game/Play Machineries, car tires and FAX MACHINES are prohibited items for import/entry
SOME DETAILS PART : 4
· Only 2 pieces electronical goods from each item ( attached a list ) can be imported.The customs may confiscate more than 2 electronical goods from each item.
· TV, VCR, HIFI, RADIO, AUTO RADIO, VIDEO CAMERA, TV SATELLITE RECEIVER- DVD RECORDER are subject to Bandrol Tax ( attached the list/Duties for electronical items ) and no any free charge from any electronical goods even have got one elecrtronical goods.
PART : 4 – A – TYPE OF CUSTOMS PROCESS ( VERY IMPORTANT PART )
· The customer has to deposit ( cash )or to give a bank quarantee to Turkish Customs if the total value of goods are exceed over EURO 1500.- . This deposit will be determined by Turkish Customs commision by checking the inventories and items during the inspection. ( valid for the people who comes to work into Turkey temporary )
That type of customs process is TEMPORARY IMPORT. Process at customs is taking 12 or 15 work days.These dates may be getting longer due to the intensive processes at the Customs Office.
Once the owner arrived into our Office, further information regarding the TEMPORARY IMPORT terms will be given to him/her.
· In some cases, the client may import his/her personal effects by paying 20% import tax to Turkish
Customs for the total valued of goods on condition that not exceed over EURO 1500.- That type of customs process is TAXIABLE (permanent ) IMPORT. This customs type is generally using in Turkey for the foreigner retired people or the people who has got second/holiday home.
PART : 5
C A R – MOTOR CYCLE ( PERSONAL OWN VEHICLE / POV ) ( FOR NON-TURKISH NATIONAL CUSTOMERS )
A. If the customer has not got a residence permit and does entry to Turkey with temporary visa, he/she can bring his/her own car to Turkey in a temporary status max. for 365 days.
According to the staying time in the last 1 year in Turkey of customer, the customs may allow the being of the car in Turkey less than 365 days.
At the end of 365 days or time/given by the customs, client has to move the car out of Turkey. No any tax –duties-deposites to Turkish Customs for this status.The owner of the car is to be present at the customs office during the customs process.
Documents: Original Passport , original registration certificate of motor vehicle and traffic insurance certificate/which will be obtained from the insurance company in Turkey, International driving licence.
Meanwhile, if the customer is retired and having got a pension from the STATE organization , the customer can bring his/her own motor vehicle for 1 or 2 YEARS or MORE by receiving a permition from the TOURING SERVICE in Turkey. For that reason, the customer is to be translate the retirement ID card or certificate into Turkish language first, submit to the Touring Service and get an approve in order to bring it to Turkey.If no any problem, he/she can import the own motor vehicle by paying a deposite (guarantee ) to the Touring Service. Please, check that amount of deposite/guarantee from us by advising the make, model year of vehicle and cylinder capacity of engine PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US FOR THIS SECTION.
B. If the customer has got also a working AND residency permit , client can import his/her own car in a temporary status by receiving a temporary Turkish plate/licience during the residence permit by paying a deposit(guarantee ) to Touring Service. At the expiration of residence permit(if leaves from Turkey ), the client has to move out of his/her own car .The deposit is going to be given back to the customer by touring service.Please, check that amount of deposite/guarantee from us by advising the make, model year of vehicle and cylinder capacity of engine.
· Original passport with working visa isued by Turkish Consulate ( with 2 copies )
· Original residence permit ( with 2 copies )
· The working permit (received from the Ministry of Labour and Social Security in Turkey) (1 org + 2 copy )
· Bank guarantee, isued by a local bank or cash payment to Touring Service ( the amount depends on the cc and year/modell of the car )
· Original title of car ( with 2 copies )
· The registration of the company to the Chamber of Commerce in Turkey (1 Org + 2 copy )
· A letter to Touring Service from the customer’s company.(a draft will be given by us )
· The delivery form of car to the warehouse in the port. ( with 2 copies )
· Original Driving Licience ( with 2 copies )
· The insurance policy of car in Turkey
· The Entry Carnette of foreign vehicles that received from Touring Service in Turkey (with 2 copies)
· Written Undertaking ( sample will be given by Turkish Customs )
C A R / MOTOR CYCLE FOR TURKISH NATIONALS PART : 6
DUAL CITIZENSHIP TURKISH NATIONALS DO NOT IMPORT A MOTOR VEHICLE
One car per family can be imported but is subject to substantial import duties/taxes.
Car must be registred on the name of importer since 6 months in the Origin Country before incoming to Turkey and must not be older than 3 years ( inclusive registration date and year of model ) and must be used ( no brand new ). Please get in touch with in order to learn Import Tax by giving us the make, model (year) of car and cylinder capacity of engine . The owner has to get in touch with Turkish Embassy/Consulate to receive necessary info and documents before to ship the vehicle to Turkey.
P E T S PART : 7
The passport of the pet owner and the international vaccianatior papers of pet are required.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION PART : 8
Wine and alcoholics beverages are genrally not allowed, but small amounts (2 or 3 bottles ) in combination with a household goods shipment usually not a problem.
CLAIM : PART : 9
No any claim chargeback.
Customs regulation requirements, applicable duties, taxes and other government fees levied against the owner’s effects are subject to change without notice. Every effort is made to maintain current country by country customs information; however, due to constantly changing conditions, we recommend you contact the country’s nearest consulate office for the most current information or you can visit the following veb site.
At the unexpected situations in the customs, goods could not be imported into Turkey and goods/container might be reshipped to the origin country. In that case, we will not get any repsonsibility and not responsible from all charges and costs.
We kindly wanted to inform you that;
Concerning ISPM 15 wood packing material marking systems;there must be a sign on the pallets and wooden crates/boxes must be fumigated with a fumigation certificate with other shipping documents.If not;
will be faced verifying problems during customs affairs in the arrival Customs points. To avoid all penalties and costs, it is necessary for you to take care of this matter.